2008-01-06

Secret and Glasses


“Secret”
“Follow the notes upon the journey
At first sight marks one's destiny
Once the voyage comes to an end
Return lies within hasty keys”


Mr Chou's movie directorial debut

Recently had the chance to watch this movie directed and acted by Jay Chou himself. I am very impressed with the story and the music. It is about two young pianists of different times, chancing upon each other via a very special piece of music, and of course, falling in love. I've always had a soft spot for movies about music (The Red Violin, The Legend of 1900 etc.). I really like the story and the heart tugging moments of the film. Chou's pronunciation sucks as always, but the acting is more belivable than in his other movies (e.g. Initial-D, Curse of the Golden Flower). Must be highly attributed to the fact this is a movie about pianists ho ho ho... The time travel arc has been done many times, but this one's take is fresh and some scenes like the liquid paper on the desk was just genius.


Mr Jay Chou, I applaud and salute your movie. This was highly romantic and enjoyable! I'm trying to learn the movie songs on my piano now.


On a side note, I picked up a new pair of glasses today. Had my eyes tested the week before, and I'm shocked that my astigmatism went up so much! I used to have just a little on my right eye, now I have it in both. I am also very shocked at how much a pair of new glasses cost these days. Heck even the frames can be in the excess of RM1000. Why is this possible? Is inflation to blame? Money, money, money.... it's a rich man's world. So for the poor man like me, I was only able to bring myself to fork out RM500 (including lenses). Sigh... hope this pair lasts me a good while! What do they look like, you ask? See below for a tiny picture. Why tiny? Because currently got a lot of pimples... so I'm shy to post a bigger one ho ho ho ^.^

Most people say I need rectangular frames, so I went with it

No comments:

Observations of an Incredible Person! Positive self talk is half the battle!