2008-12-18

Pavarotti and Pangkor Laut

Back from work... quite tired, but thought i would type a little blog post of my Pangkor Laut trip. Heaven knows I enjoyed it lots. Only fair that I give it some blog space.

The opera tenor Pavarotti once visited this island more than 10 years ago. He declared it one of the most beautiful place on earth. He gave a very exclusive performance to a handful of VIPs during Tan Sri Francis Yeoh's official opening that time.

Cousin Vivian and young An-An boarding the plane.

Went via Berjaya Air to Pangkor Island first. It was a modest plane, but highly convenient because it left from Subang Airport instead of KLIA or LCCT. Then onto a ferry to the exclusive Pangkor Laut island. It is wholly owned by YTL Corporation and only has 1 hotel. One of the world's best spa resorts and small luxury hotels.


This is a special hotel indeed!

Comfy bed and room


I cannot do justice to the beauty of the place no matter how many photos I place on the blog. I just want to say, if you ever have the chance to honeymoon or just relax at this place, you will love it to bits. Incredibly well maintained, never overcrowded, excellent dining and recreation options... *sigh* just a fantastic place to stay and let your worries slip away.


my humble attempt to create a romantic photograph for my folks :)


A night shot from the island jetty of the hotel.


The beautiful infinity edged pool just beside the sandy beach.


Such a lovely setup at the spa village

I had a massage for the first time in my life. It was included in the package for this holiday. It was bliss. The spa "village" is away from the main hotel area. Quiet and peaceful, only spa guests may enter the village.

I was told to change into a sarong, and sarong only. I was quite self conscious of course due to my skinny physique hahaha! No cameras allowed, so no photos from me... sorry about that. A personal spa attendant will lead you all the way through your spa session. Mine was a young lady from Bali. Then had a brief foot massage first, before a spray of ice cold water on my body and a wading pool session. The pool was also cold water, then I was told by told to wade across the pool. Oh dear I thought, but I did it anyway. Then walked up to a small landing area with 4 steaming columns of aromatherapy steam. "Breath in each one slowly, and relax", she says. They smelt divine.

Then was a bath session. Old fashioned malay style, with a 'cedok' (small scoop), more aromatherapy toiletries and warm water. I forgot how refreshing this kind of bath was, and enjoyed it immensely. They had a very interesting banana shampoo too.

Then was a body scrub session. This was quite an eye opener to me too. I was covered in some exfoliating paste, rubbed down, then had warm water splashed on me till I was squeaky clean. Then came a short session for warm ginger tea. I was left to drink and relax for a few minutes.

Then the main event, my Balinese massage. I was lead to a massage room, with soft lighting and Enya music in the background. I chose one of three massage oils, and was rubbed down with "Medium" strength. I was ticklish in some parts, and tried my best to control myself. My attendant was so good. I really felt relieved and relaxed. The massage was almost 40 minutes, and she did my whole body. Oh my goodness... how I miss it!





every night, they give you a fresh aromatherapy candle in your room!


All around the place you can see how YTL cares for the establishment. Amongst the daily routine of the hotel staff:
  • Fresh flower petals are laid near decorative jars around the hotel.
  • The sand in all ash trays are pressed with a decorative motif
  • All decor are gently dusted and cleaned... even the big pots that are used to stored umbrellas!
  • All guest rooms are cleaned only during breakfast time when the guests are NOT IN THE ROOM so that you are not disturbed
  • The beautiful bath tub in the room is provided with bath salts
  • A fresh fruit is provided to your room everyday: mango, papaya, apples
  • When you are out for dinner, the staff come to your room, turn on the dim lights, and set the air con to low, turn on the classical music radio station, so that when you return you arrive in a confortable, welcoming room for rest!


look at this gorgeous bathtub!

When I get hitched, I am going back to this place for sure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy tramadol online cod - tramadol hcl apap

KF said...

Nice and very romance place. I will visit to Pangkor Laut Resort soon. Hopefully have a unforgotten memory. Nice Blog.

Observations of an Incredible Person! Positive self talk is half the battle!